Expedition 13 Mail Buoy: December 13

Dear Peter,

To work on a commercial ship or research vessel as an OS (Ordinary Seaman), you need to take classes and get your Merchant Mariners Document (MMD). You will learn things like lifeboat handling and firefighting. Another way is to gain skills by working with small boats at a marina or yacht club or on a fishing boat.