I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Dive and Discover in Antarctica
The answers to the puzzle can be found throughout Expedition 10 and
the Antarctic sections of Deeper Discovery.
1. The name of the towed, two conical side-by-side nets that caught the first salps featured on day two of Expedition 10. (2 words)
5. Critter of the Day: A single-celled photosynthetic organism living in water
8. The smallest of three United States research bases in Antarctica (2 words)
11. The name of the research ship for Expedition 10 (3 words)
12. Small or microscopic photosynthetic organisms are the base of the ocean food chain
13. From Deeper Discovery, Antarctic Ecosystems: A common Antarctic toothed whale that preys on fish, squid, penguins, seals, and smaller whales.
14. Name of the continent that Expedition 10 has visited this cruise
15. Translucent, barrel-shaped planktonic marine animals found singly or in chains that sometimes reach 20 feet in length
2. The number of scientists on Expedition 10
3. What do we nickname our midnight rations?
4. Name of the ocean that Expedition 10 is exploring (2 words)
6. The strait between Puntas Arenas, Chile, and Antarctica (2 words)
7. The chief scientist on Expedition 10 (2 words)
9. From Deeper Discovery, Antarctic Ecosystems: What type of whale species strains its food, mostly krill?
10. From Deeper Discovery, Antarctica: The name of the “supercontinent” that included parts of modern-day South America, Africa, India, and Australia.